Bonjour it's Jinah!

Wednesday, March 14

KAWs at the High Museum + OOTD

Things I am good at: eating out, styling strangers, organizing sales, and otherwise making lots of plans.

Things I am not good at: sharing anything about above activities in a timely manner.

KAWS 1
For those of you that also follow Alicia of kittenmasks, you already know that we went to the museum not too long ago.

Culture and art with @kittenmasks.
She recently came back into town, and culture hound that she is, suggested we go see the new KAWS exhibit at the High. I had missed the opening party a few days prior (as is what happens when you work x3 and go to school), so I was immediately on board.

For those of you unfamiliar with KAWS, let's start with the basics. Brooklyn born artist Brian Donnelly spent a chunk of his early career animating backgrounds at Disney. After spending time working on 90s-era cartoons, he decided to return to his first love: graffiti and street art. Because of his unique background, the standard sterile corporate framework and the wild unbound street energy result in the most incredible subversive yet technically perfect pieces.

KAWS 2
You really have to see the exhibit in person to believe. As a former painting student, I was totally blown away by the large scale canvases up close. Every line and stroke is stupidly precise. I was staring at everything so hard I started to worry I'd touch my nose to the canvas and get kicked out.

KAWS 3
That's the end of your contemporary art lesson for the day. This is what I wore to the exhibition.


KAWS 5
Photo taken by Alicia


KAWS 4


KAWS 6
I thought a eyecatching print in neutral tones would be the perfect complement to the exhibit.

Outfit details:
Vintage dress purchased at Kudzu Antiques (similar here)
Belt from Anthropologie
Frye Carson Pull-On in Slate
Longchamp le pliage tote

2 comments:

  1. that's such a neat exhibition - and i love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress with the looooooong neck tie is INCREDIBLE. And those are PAINTINGS? They're so clean they look like prints! Consider me impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share