Bonjour it's Jinah!

Tuesday, November 1

Happy Halloween with Pumpkin Pants

October 31 2011 2
Halloween at the office is a much more subdued occasion than I'd prefer. I didn't want to come dressed as a zombie to find out I'd be sitting in on any important meetings! So I went just an eensy bit festive with pumpkin colored pants.

I've been dying to join in on the colored jeans trend, and I finally went for it with Shopbop's most recent coupon promotion. Instead of the bright cobalt blue or cherry red many of my blogger friends went for, I opted for rusty orange. I'm still in fox colors mode for my palette and the yummy pumpkin pie shade was too good to pass up. (Besides, what better to match with my blush and rust colored clothes than orange?)

I made it somewhat Halloween-y with the addition of a black leather jacket and leopard bedroom loafers. And I kept this Hello Kitty bow in my bag all day for when I needed that costume dress-up boost!

And gosh I almost forgot to mention the scarf--Madewell currently has this really interesting line of scarves right now. Dubbed the "storyteller" scarves, they each represent little stories or snapshots in history, and so each giant square has a different theme or vignette. My favorites are the map ones, since I'm obsessed with anything map print, but this one really caught my eye. It's got cutesy bee-themed script around the edges, with a giant beehive printed in the center. Very Pushing Daisies. Very very.

October 31 2011 1
Hope you had a fun and safe Halloween! I'll share my weekend costume with you once I track down some proper photos.


Outfit details:

6 comments:

  1. Nice post! Can´t wait for another one. I invite you to
    check out this online jewelry shop: www.spainaccessories.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bateau shirt with the colored pants! Very chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I missed a shopbop coupon?!  Is it still active??

    I was literally looking at those jeans just before checking google reader and there you were wearing them!  Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarf sounds awesome, cute fall outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those terracotta colored skinnies.  I'm dying to get my hands on a pair.  :)

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share