Bonjour it's Jinah!

Tuesday, November 10

The Cornhole

IMG_1922
Google Maps, why did you mislead me?

IMG_1900
Centerpieces at the wedding

IMG_1906
Mask, wedding favor; Corey Lynn Calter corset dress.

A few weeks ago, the mans and I embarked on a roadtrip to the Midwest for a wedding. The drive was torturously long and dangerously rainy most of the way. And once we got past the Tennessee state line, everything was pretty flat and everyone was really white.

Despite the arduous travel conditions, once we arrived, everyone was super hospitable. The wedding itself was very inspirational. The bride constructed so many decorations by hand, and every element from the origami place settings to the handmade paper invitations to the carved pumpkin centerpieces felt warm and personal. An added bit of fun were the masks provided for each guest. Mine even ended up matching my dress!

And speaking of dresses... I planned far in advance to wear this corset dress, only to find I stuck out like a sore thumb at the wedding. How was I to know that a typical Saturday night date outfit with dress, big hair, and shiny shoes would be out of place? I felt like I was dressed in a Lydia Deetz costume by mistake. Whoops.


Corey Lynn Calter Corset Dress

Not only did my outfitting fail me, technology failed me as well. The Maps app led us into mysterious cornfields and random neighborhoods trying to locate the return point for tux rentals. It turned out that the shopping center wasn't indexed on maps/satellite yet. I can't imagine what I would do or think if that happened in Atlanta.

So I guess next time I head back to the Midwest I need to pack a better map. And leave my Bump-its at home.

7 comments:

  1. Aw, you look so cute! :) I bet everyone at the wedding was jealous of your stylez. I actually just wore my Monochromatic Corset for it's first outing this Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird my friend went to a wedding here in Chicago where the centerpieces were pumpkins like that too. Must be a new trend. Cute mask!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is gorgeous! I would wear that to GET married in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo I love the dress and the mask! And I wear bump-its tooo!!! I like to go around pretending to be Holly Golightly- but I could see how that might confuse the midwest a little.
    Cath and I spent two summers at a dance workshop in the midwest, and we added the splash of color the entire time there. Our best story is that we stopped at a Chinese restaurant and our dad tried ordering Chinese broccoli and the waitress (also chinese) insisted there was no such thing.
    ps- Are you ever in Decatur, Jinah?! We should totes have a meet-up again ;)
    pps- I had a few people ask who Lady Gaga was too--- it shocked me! Do you have photos of your costume? I bet it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the Midwest, and it's not THAT white...in the city. Great dress though, I totally understand sticking out around here because of clothing choices! I think you need to go farther north to see Bump Its, we use them to keep our heads warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best way to dress is to stick out like a sore thumb! I love Corey Lynn Calter. The dress looks super cute!! My friend Meggy and did a blog post a little while ago, where we wrote about 'overdressing' and getting unwanted attention for dressing uniquely on our blog Fashion for Writers.

    xoxo,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really cute. And that dress is awesome. So, screw all of that out of place business. The whole maps app has caused me to circle a few blocks in the ghetto before. It was a real bummer. But I continue to use it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share