Clockwise from top left:
- Boy's Waxed Canvas Backpack from J. Crew, $49.50.
- Superior Labor Canvas Tote from J. Crew, $275.
- Sunwashed Canvas Shoulder Bag from L.L.Bean, $45.
- Klein Tools 16"x6"x14" canvas bag available at Home Depot, $49.94.
- Estex 14 inch canvas tool bag available at Swain Tools, $53.
As seen even in the Dear Creatures lookbook, the fashion world has picked up on the utilitarian chic feel of a framed canvas tool bag. In addition to the crisp feel of the tool bags above, I love the worn in rustic feel of canvas bags designed for heavy duty. Can't you just imagine these trusty satchels working for you for years and years? I know I need a bag that can keep up with my lifestyle and can definitely appreciate one that can also withstand a heavy beating.
I've got my fingers crossed for appropriately adapted tote versions come fall (I've already spotted a few at Star Provisions!), but the real deal is easy to find and usually runs around $50. Need an excuse to add to your bag collection? All of these options can go from the office to the beach and are durable enough for a weekend trip. My only problem has been deciding which one to get...