Bonjour it's Jinah!

Monday, October 6

I love Paul Rudd



Let's have a brief chat about this.

I love Paul Rudd. I loved him in Clueless. I loved him in Wet Hot American Summer, The Baxter, Anchorman. Through some twist of fate I got passes to an advance screening of Role Models tonight. (I believe this is some kind of reassurance that I am meant to be at the mall at all available moments, as this is where they were handed out.)

At first glance at the flier, I scoffed and almost passed. The theatre was a bit out of the way, and the photo had Seann William Scott (Stiffler. Ugh.) and a chubby looking Paul Rudd looking like they were in the next "college" market movie. A friend with similar taste in movies assured me that trailers promised it would be good. So we went.

And while yes, it definitely fit the same genre of movie as I had originally thought, it was good. Amazing, masterful, even. Rudd and Scott are two energy drink reps sentenced to 150 hours of community service doing a child mentoring program. Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Fogell/McLovin') plays the nerdy kid who wears capes and wields (duct tape-covered foam) swords. And Rudd is not chubby, it was just a bad choice of promo photo.

I think it is going to be big, much bigger than I thought it was going to be. For reference, I liked Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall both okay and hated Superbad. Though, this preference may or may not have anything to do with the fact that Paul Rudd makes appearances.

If you love the sarcastic asshole scene stealing Paul Rudd, then this is his shining moment. For those of you who missed out (hello, I had two extra passes), I would pay to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share