Alexa Chung is definitely one of my style icons, and when I heard that one of my very favorite stores would be featuring her designs this fall, I knew it was the perfect match. Now that the time is finally here, I'm more excited than ever! All of the pieces are laidback and scream effortless style. The only problem I have now is deciding what I will actually pick up...
The collection actually launched online earlier today. Night owl that I am, I caught it sometime around midnight. But I couldn't decide (too many choices!), and by the time I got home from work this evening with an itemized shopping list, all of my favorites had flown off the website.
Luckily, the brick and mortar stores will be rolling out the collection this Saturday, September 11th. I plan to get there bright and early so I won't miss out a second time! Here are my picks from the collection with a few Madewell goodies thrown in the mix.
Clockwise, from top left:
- The Aberdeen two-tone oxford, $178. I'm extremely pleased with my Madewell shoe purchase from this summer. The quality and styling of these oxfords is just as impeccable, and they are the perfect match with preppy knee socks for this collection and fall in general.
- Sketchbook tee in Hello Bat print, $48. This is the thing to buy from this collection, if anything at all. Madewell's tees are expertly cut and fit to flatter. The cute patootie print is just icing on the cake.
- Tennessee velvet dress, $168. And this is the dress from the collection. I love how it is girly without being too frou frou. I can't wait to wear this to class on chilly nights, and on casual evening strolls as my own take on the LBD.
- Reverie crest pins, prices vary. This is such a charming infusion of military and prep school! I just want them all. Check your local store for these perfect little additions to your new Alexa/Madewell blazer. Or try Alison's e-commerce shop.
- Betty tea dress, $188. This dress is the piece that felt the most me in this collection. I love the vintage vibe and flirty flip of the skirt.
- Christian skinny jeans in pebble wash, $115. After seeing the everstylish Erin of calivintage romp around in her perfectly cut high waisted skinny jeans this summer, I wanted a pair to call my own. My Madewell jeans are easily my favorite and most flattering, so I can't wait to snap these up.
- Annie blouse, $128. This is such a simple and sophisticated blouse. I think it can pull double duty from the office with a sweeping trouser pant to drinks with a pair of jeans.