Bonjour it's Jinah!

Sunday, December 20

Coat Dreams





IMG_2086

IMG_2087

IMG_2088

Dress, Bailey 44 from Anthro 2008 
Coat, J. Crew Wool Ruffle Front Coat 
Boots, Frye Bonnie Tall Riding Boots in Red/Black 
Bag, Rebecca Minkoff MAM in Dark Brown
Necklace, Forever 21 Pyramid Cubed Chains


This is what I wore to brunch with the lovely Alicia of Want Beer With That? yesterday afternoon. I was too drug addled to think to take photos, because I'm cool like that. It was awesome bonding with a new girlfriend over our backgrounds and growing up in these *hard times.*

I'm going to make this quick because I am itching to get back to sleeping off my illness and continuing my Big Love Season 3 marathon On Demand.

Jersey dress from my last place of employment (I never outright admitted this, but I suppose it was fairly obvz). I was going to pass on this for the longest time, but an easy longer sleeved dress is a great thing to toss on and go when I can't be bothered to concoct a proper outfit. For example, this weekend during Sickapalooza, holiday edition.

The boots are my standby winter boots. The color is a little "edgy" for most things I do, and I do have them in a more "conservative" color (black!) but I haven't dragged them out of storage to top these for whatever reason. I like the little back harness strap thingy and they keep me super warm up to the knee.

The coat was to replace the "miss" from last season's Manoush coat I was dying over. After passing on several opportunities to purchase the original coat (it continued to filter back in and out of my store in several sizes), I finally had the chance (and a good enough discount strategy!) to get this one. So I did. It rules.

The necklace was a gift from my super secret online Secret Santa this year, and I'm so excited to wear it all the time! Thanks internet lady! I like online, as you all may have gathered, and yes this is from a friend that is from the depths of online.

And one last thing - when searching for the necklace on the F21 site so I could link it for y'all (you're appreshing the links, amirite?), I saw many suitable alternatives and several OOHIWANT pieces. Including a very Fiona Paxton-esque piece for less than $20. In case you are with it and have gotten all of your holiday gifts and are now allowed to gift yourself.

I meant to put together some holiday gift guides this year, but somehow managed to wait until it was too late. So instead I think I will be putting together a few "Gift Yourself" lists assuming that some of you will be lucky enough to be able to in a couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE the coat, I just got it in black but never saw that color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you are too cute, as usual. Love the ruffle coat, I wore mine today too! Your Rebecca Minkoff is looking mighty fine as well :) And I very very much appreciate the links! I always click excitedly when bloggers take the time to do that, saving me frantic google searches.

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share