Bonjour it's Jinah!

Tuesday, June 14

Take From Me My Lace

Lace | Everybody, Everywear
It's been a cruel, cruel summer so far. And the heat is forcing me to be extra creative so I don't perspire through all layers of my garments before arriving to a specific destination. Enter: this month's Everybody, Everywear theme.

June 14, 2011 1

June 14, 2011 4
Lace! Well, minus the sticky sweaty polyester blends, lace is instant built-in ventilation. Combined with a crop top silhouette, it's almost enough to keep cool out of doors. You get just enough of a breeze on the small of your back to dissuade that pool of lady glistening to form. 

Hot hot heat: crop tops and high waists are my best friends right now.

June 14, 2011 5


June 14, 2011 3
I chose to keep it more modest (or maybe this makes it more risque? I can't tell anymore) by wearing an underlayer that's supposed to show. Another case of taking matters into my own hands: you don't get that "oopsy there's my lady things" moment if you're declaring, "these underthings are part of my outfit, thanks."

June 14, 2011 2
Outfit details:
Stay tuned for snapshots from my last few days in France! Oh yes, there are more adventures. You didn't think that was it, did you?

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a great way to beat the heat and look good at the same time!
    Thanks for joining us at EBEW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great outfit. I love the lace and the hint of neon underneath. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it- how gorgeous is the neon with the lace?!  wow.  I also  love the detail of the necklace and how it anchors the neon yellow.

    I wanna borrow/steal this look...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool and relaxed look, Jinah.  I love the exposed underpinnings.  So cute!  And I think the neon actually allows the white lace to stand out even more.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jinah, have you had to clean any of your Rebecca Minkoff bags? My nude MAC is filthy, but I'm afraid to use anything on it ... 

    ReplyDelete
  6. DeAnna--No I havent, but then again that doesn't mean I shouldn't! Many of the ladies in the Rebecca Minkoff section of the Purse Forum recommend Apple Leather Conditioner to care for your bags. If it's really bad, you can always dye it to a darker color. There are a lot of success stories of members that have done this and they all look great! Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks -- that does help! I will definitely try that cleaner ... I lusted after this specific color (nude shine with red zippers!), so I'd hate to dye it, but I might try that out on an old Coach bag ... thanks again! Loved the pinwheels on Maria's blog, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look.  Very breezy and dramatic!!

    If only all your readers were as confident as you are!!

    Love,
    CarolAnn

    PS. I’ve got a confidence-report contest up on my blog!! Check it out…
    http://charismau.com/lets-celebrate/

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share