It's been a cruel, cruel summer so far. And the heat is forcing me to be extra creative so I don't perspire through all layers of my garments before arriving to a specific destination. Enter: this month's Everybody, Everywear theme.
Lace! Well, minus the sticky sweaty polyester blends, lace is instant built-in ventilation. Combined with a crop top silhouette, it's almost enough to keep cool out of doors. You get just enough of a breeze on the small of your back to dissuade that pool of lady glistening to form.
Hot hot heat: crop tops and high waists are my best friends right now.
I chose to keep it more modest (or maybe this makes it more risque? I can't tell anymore) by wearing an underlayer that's supposed to show. Another case of taking matters into my own hands: you don't get that "oopsy there's my lady things" moment if you're declaring, "these underthings are part of my outfit, thanks."
- H&M lace crop top (similar styles: one, two, three)
- Free People lace trim bandeau in neon yellow
- Free People Cascade Convertible maxi skirt
- Lucky Brand Abeo platform sandals
- TOMS Classic 101 sunglasses
- Necklace and white bracelet: gifts from South Africa
- Blue/black bracelet: purchased at flea market in Paris, but identical ones available from Madewell
Stay tuned for snapshots from my last few days in France! Oh yes, there are more adventures. You didn't think that was it, did you?