Bonjour it's Jinah!

Monday, February 23

Coraline!

coraline
I buttoned my eyes!

So I never mentioned I went to go see Coraline a little bit ago. In 3-d no less.

I will tell you this first - I don't think it's really a children's movie. But I have already mentioned how much of a sissy I am... There are a lot of dark elements and the bad guy is really really terrifying to have come fly at your face in 3-d.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Coraline is a recent stop motion picture about a girl who discovers a parallel world. This world at first seems everything she could ever want, with other, better, more interesting parents and fantastically freaky neighbors. Soon she discovers that it's not all it's cracked up to be.

The visual effects were really really amazing - the colors and details were very vibrant throughout the movie. I will say it was a lot longer than I expected it to be and felt longer (not in a bad way!) because I spent half of it cowering in fear from the Other Mother.

I expect if you're not afraid of your own shadow, you might find it very delightful. I suggest trying to find a theater showing it in 3-d so you can wear the fun glasses!

Oh and I can't forget the website! There are so many fun toys to play with! Take a look at coraline.com.


xoxo,
jinahname
thx jumping mice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share