Bonjour it's Jinah!

Monday, September 22

On Exercise

Here's the thing, I used to be semi-athletic back in the day. I can still hit a baseball, do a volleyball jump serve, and stroke a 8-person shell. I told myself not too long ago that I would get back into exercising again. You know, I could start training to run half-marathons and take jogs through the park. I could even have a dog-running service! I used to be able to run 7-minute miles for 2 hours at a time.

I tried to get back on that train by starting a Couch to 5K plan. I was kind of jealous of my best friend who was doing boot camp (it sounded so fancy and, well, healthy) and wanted to be kind of bad-ass too. So I got back on the treadmill and sang "Eye of the Tiger" in my head. Almost immediately I felt kind of like this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and realized that well, I was a phony. That I'm just not up to it anymore, and neither was my level of cardiovascular health.

I was on a walk with my bff one day through a park.

Me: Look how nice the trails in the park are. See, I could move here and go running every morning.
BFF: (gives me a Look) You're really going to go running?
Me: ... Yeah you're right.

So I have decided to resign as a sports watcher instead of participant. This will allow me to have more picnics and sangria fests. I might go to dance class once a week and yoga a few times a week, but I realized my health (atleast the immune system part) is back up and my current lifestyle (work work work, walk a lot, cook, plan a large number of social activities, do a bunch of wardrobe changes per day) is enough for me to more or less remain the same size. I know that weight loss is so popular or whatever, but I'm vain in a backwards way, and if my clothes don't fit (too small or too big), I'll be pissed. What kind of dieting people can afford new wardrobes all the time?

My, have I been in a mood. Let me know if anyone is up for a bit of a bitch-fest while stuffing our faces with expensive cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to get back into shape, but after a day of work I usually just want to sit down and blog!

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share