Bonjour it's Jinah!

Tuesday, September 9

Blue Monday

Today was action packed. I went to a career fair early in the morning at school, where I swore I would never return upon graduating. It wasn't so bad, and some of the recruiters I talked to seemed very encouraging. I felt like I hit some home runs today after job hunting like a fool (seriously, fail) for months. That I wore my suit to, this I wore after.


IMGP1217.JPG


IMGP1218.JPG

This is what I wore to ride public transit, dance to Spoon and Jens Lekman at work, and pretend not to speak English (this is a first, lol). I never really go outside here - Atlanta is extremely car-centric, and if I go anywhere, it's building to car to building, and I don't get hot. As I stood waiting for the bus this afternoon, I remembered what the heat is like. God, I don't know if I can handle commuting like that anymore.

Though, it was kind of nice and reminiscent of my trips in Europe and to New York. Where you don't have the luxury of car-(air conditioned) building-car-building, and have to walk in the sticky heat to the bus which takes you to the subway which takes you to another bus. Gosh, when I lived in France, going places was epic. The walk to the bus stop was about a mile, usually with a heavy bag. The bus would take you to the train station, where you could go almost anywhere, but it would take atleast 3 hours to get there. It was weird coming home and being able to drive to Target and it only take 3 minutes.

Overall it was a pretty successful day. So far, I'm not sure if I'm inclined to use my Marta pass for the rest of the month despite it costing less than one single tank of gas. We'll see.

Top, Hero & Oleander (Anthropologie); skirt, Hel Hei (Anthropologie); tie belt, from safari romper; birdcage necklace, Urban Outfitters; sandals, Target.

2 comments:

  1. These pics are lovely. I'm loving the tiffany blue theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous- I love the blue of your outfit and the blue of the photos.
    I'm totally with you on the public transport thing. When we lived in Europe we would walk miles a day and not bat an eye, but I wouldn't dream of giving up my (guilty)car ways here in the ATL.

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share