Bonjour it's Jinah!

Friday, July 2

Something Old, Something Blue



DSC_0014
 
DSC_0001

DSC_0034


DSC_0019

 DSC_0011

Outfit details:
Anthro jeweled headband (similar here and here)
Anthro Carillo Shift dress (similar here and here)
Rebecca Minkoff Clutch in Harewood
J. Crew Caden Cork wedges
The Look for Less: (headband), (dress), (bag), (wedges). 

To clarify: no I did not and am not going to (in the immediate future, anyway) get married. I just shopped this little number out of my closet; so it's "old" and technically it's blue.

I actually adore this dress. The only reason it made its way into any maybe territory is due to the minor sewing it currently requires. It's only been out of the house on one other occasion--to work, and that day literally half of the buttons fell off! Since then, I was worried I'd lose all of the other ones too if I attempted to put it on again. And in the meantime I completely neglected to sew any of them back on.

This morning, while browsing through my maybe rack, I stumbled upon it and brought it back to life with the help of a few safety pins. I still haven't sewed the buttons back on, and you can see how some of them are pinned in place in the last photo.

The pins actually seem like they'll hold better than the thread, so for now I have a makeshift shift dress. But atleast with the minor alterations I can reclaim it instead of hoarding it. Welcome back, dress! I saved a spot just for you.

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE your dress! The color is fabulous, especially on you and you wear it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this dress is amazing! Buttons and I are sworn enemies! When they fall I always think oh don't worry, I'll sew them back on this weekend.

    Never happens. :)

    http://playinghooksies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is phenomenal on you. I'm loving all the different locations you've been taking your photos in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color! it looks great on you!

    http://revi-pinkillusions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I totally thought that dress was vintage until I scrolled all the way down, and I KNOW the Carillo dress (I was about to type "Anthro made something similar I think") -- it just looks that authentically old-timey, beautiful and classy :) That Tiffany Blue shade is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Gosh. That is one a-dorable outfit! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I ever shown you my J.Crew wool jacket that is totally reinforced by safety pins? Its gone through a couple winters with safety pins and I'm okay with it. This dress is so very you that it hurts that you almost sent it out the door. I hope that you incorporate her more into your closet because it suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, that blue is gorgeous! I love it!

    ashley
    ashleygettingdressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely dress! this would look so cool + mod with a black turtleneck + tights in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jinah, we are twins as I have this dress too! :) Too bad about your buttons, I haven't had that problem yet with this dress....but, I have safety pinned 2 of the buttons from my florid facade top that I'm too lazy to sew back on. Haha! You look fabulous and have a Happy 4th!
    ~ Athena

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! and my favorite pair of hei hei pants have buttons reinforced with pins. they do hold better than thread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please get those buttons sewn on and put this dress in the definitely keeping pile, it looks adorable on you!!!! And goes wonderfully with that MAC. :)

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share