Bonjour it's Jinah!

Friday, May 28

An American Girl



DSC_0009

DSC_0007

DSC_0012
Outfit details:
Gap chambray shirt (similar here and here, unisex here)
J. Crew Scout Chinos (similar here and here)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Groovee
Madewell Slouch Pocket tee
Bensimon Elastique Sneakers
 
Something about a broken-in pair of khaki pants and a chambray shirt feels very Americana to me.  The shoes are quintessentially French, but read American in context. I really wanted to go double denim today, but the weather was not obliging.

I felt like my Scout chinos still kept the same vibe as a skinny jean. They're cut just crisp enough to be a classic investment, but are slouchy and soft enough to feel current. They easily translate into the menswear and boyfriend looks of the season. Just the kind of thing I need to survive the sudden onslaught of 90+ degree weather days.

If my American girl dress up mood continues, by the time the Fourth rolls around, I might be in pageant-worthy stars and stripes and sequins.

It might be quiet around these parts while I'm working through Arts Fest in Decatur this weekend. There was an Art Walk this evening, which was not dampened by the constant threat of rain.  Tomorrow I can't wait to take some snaps of trunk shows we are hosting and stuff my face with festival foods. If you're in town this weekend, come out to the Square!


Culture and art and food oh my!

9 comments:

  1. Ack, you look so casual chic!

    And thanks for the heads up about the Arts Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! i follow you on blog-lovin, but your photo screen-caps never show up on the feed. do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bag is simply perfect!! love it


    http://revi-pinkillusions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shirt! I have been tempted by a few recently myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! So simple and casual. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly preppy :) I adore those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color palette of the combinations as well as the proportion of the pants on your legs! -hyunju

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like an American Girl!!
    I hope everyone enjoys the Arts Festival!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. The images on your blog are so inspiring! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share