Bonjour it's Jinah!

Monday, May 24

Chambray Shirt Day



IMG_1596

IMG_1599

IMG_1610
Outfit details:
Gap chambray shirt (similar here and here, unisex here)
Looping Lanes belt (my local stores restocked! Check yours!)
J. Crew Poplin Wednesday Skirt (similar here and here)
Fluevog Radios oxfords

Instead of sailor-inspired, I decided to dress up straight out of a Crew catalog. Partially due to the purchase of this chambray shirt over the weekend, and partially because my closet is in total chaos. After seeing Tara's super organized space (in a closet probably the size of mine!), I really feel like I need to kick myself in the butt to get it under control. I had a friend over for the first time this past weekend and I couldn't tell if she was appalled or amazed. I could be on an episode of Hoarders. I need Niecy Nash to come over to my house. I have a biiiig project for my upcoming days off, whew!

I felt very preppy today, despite my rumpled skirt. A nice little statement necklace with some sparkle and maybe also a bowtie would have styled this up totally J. Crew. I added a little more of a twist with my colored socks and my new belt. I don't know how I forgot to mention this in that post, but on my last trip to Anthropologie, I spotted this lonely Looping Lanes belt in the store. I had only seen it on the website and in bloggers' photos, and was really pleased to see it was even better in person!

I feel like it is going to quickly become one of my favorite toppers. I've seen it go girly and romantic, and here, preppy. I can't wait to take it into vintage and Western looks. Hope everyone had a great Monday!

10 comments:

  1. I love your socks with the oxfords! It's a cute little pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the belt!!

    http://revi-pinkillusions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your blue nails! You look like a rebellious school girl and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the wednesday poplin skirt and it's great to see it on someone other than a j.crew model :) you look adorable in this OOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I can't pull off ankle socks with shoes, but you definitely can. Great look today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit looking very comfy and casual. I finally got my Looping Lanes belt several weeks ago (but did notice it at my local Anthro last week) and I can't stop wearing it!
    ~ Athena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I really love this outfit! The little socks are so cute! :D

    http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo love it, Jinah! I've been looking for the perfect chambray shirt since last fall- I love this one!

    ps- Thanks so much for the offer to help! You are tooo sweet! We will have you over to our apartments sooon! Cath will be a short walk from the Square ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit looking very comfy and casual. I finally got my Looping Lanes belt several weeks ago (but did notice it at my local Anthro last week) and I can't stop wearing it!
    ~ Athena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the belt!!

    http://revi-pinkillusions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share