Bonjour it's Jinah!

Tuesday, August 3

Moving Update + Some Anthro Dupes

Hey friends! I'm finally (FINALLY, oh my gosh, I've been going nuts) back online. The past few days have been action-packed and pretty exhausting. My camera was not unearthed until just a few moments ago and frankly, my heavy lifting clothes are nothing to write home about. That and what I've been wearing has been limited. You'll see why in just a moment. Here is a lovely little iPhone photo recap of the past five days.

IMG_0248

I love choosing paint colors. I felt that the situation in the new house was pretty dire. This room was unevenly painted this merlot red and another room was doo doo brown. I'm doing the place up in dove grey and greyish seafoam. Much more neutral and easier for our landlord to sell.

IMG_0250

I am having an emergency closet situation. Don't laugh, this happened before I even tried to put clothes in. I opened the door and this almost toppled over on me. As a result, I haven't been able to properly unpack my wardrobe and have been limited to expressing myself with shoes and accessories rather than complete ensembles.

The next week or two will involve engineering and installing a usable closet system. This sucker was literally glued on the wall. I have no idea how the previous tenant made it work. I am excited though, since I've been given free reign with the design and construction of the new closet.

IMG_0259

On Saturday night, I spent some time plotting goldfish rescue missions. These were the survivors of a very surreal punch display at a costume party. It's too soon to tell if they had hypothermia, but they survived the part of the evening they were dunked in an ice cold canteen. It was really neat, but I couldn't help but feel terrified for the little babies the whole night.

IMG_0260

After picking Markus up from a bumpy red eye journey, we stopped at my favorite breakfast joint. This was after a day of packing and rearranging boxes in order to clear paths through my belongings. I was glad to be out in public--I needed a serious break from being inside a hoarder house. It started to feel like the walls were closing in!


And I had the chance to sneak some shopping time into the day today. I didn't pick up anything for me since I'm mostly focused on home-related purchases for the time being, but I did spot two items of interest at H&M:

IMG_0276

It's probably been mentioned already, but here is another Aniseed Skirt dupe. The material was a silk like polyester blend, and the fit was highwaisted, flouncy, but a little too short for me. But for $29.95 I'd give it another look. Maybe sizing up would do the trick?

IMG_0277

I'm still way obsessed with the Time Gone By dress, and I did a serious double take when I saw this piece in the window. This top version is made of jersey and is a dead ringer for the cut of the  dress bodice. It comes in four colors, including two striped options. I didn't see my size today (and apparently H&M doesn't keep a "stockroom" with extra) so I left it at the store, but for $12.95, I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for this one.

It's good to be back! I'm going to pull myself together and get an outfit post up mighty soon, I promise.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you can resolve your closet situation soon. I think I would die if I did not have a functional closet.
    BTW, I tried on that skirt too at H&M this weekend and it was super short on me too and let me tell you, I am a shortie. Too bad because I really liked the style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, grey walls will look darling. I kind of wish our closet didn't look so sturdy so we can do whatever we want to it too.

    Love the striped skirt.

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to see you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I just moved too and the heat was a real bitch! So I salute you for doing it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck fixing that closet, it looks like a disaster! And that's so sweet that you rescued those goldfish! I'm glad they survived, poor little fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like things are moving along with the unpack and home fixings - how exciting you get to repaint and do up a proper closet!

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share