Bonjour it's Jinah!

Friday, April 2

I Caved: Hello Alexa!



IMG_0771

IMG_0756

IMG_0762

IMG_0769
Outfit details: Jovovich Hawk for Target dress
F21 Owl necklace (similar here)
Hoy Salt-Water Sandals
Mulberry Alexa bag

Okay, I totally cracked.

This little baby had been on my wishlist since, oh, September? And with the extra hours I had put in while transitioning jobs, and the money I had saved during my nonshopping days? After bills (and saving a bunch, okay!), I was shocked that I had enough to finally get me one.

The hunt was kind of insane too--I knew it was a hot bag, but I didn't dream that I would have to lurk the Purse Forum and various e-tailers every second of every day in order to get one. But I did, secretly hoping that I'd have to wait until after Easter so I could be good. I have an itchy online shopping trigger finger, and that was that.

This is the "regular" or smaller size. While it looks pretty small in these photos, it can fit quite a bit! It is approximately the same dimensions as a Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini or even like, a LV Speedy 25/30. The leather has been the topic of many purse lover discussions as it seems to vary widely in texture--mine is mostly smooth and has a sheen to it. Very similar feel to the luggage leather used on some Hobo wallets. I am thrilled and can't wait to see how she wears over time.

Anyways, back to the point of this post. It was gorgeous out today and I got to pull this frock out of my warm weather wear bin. Look familiar? This is the dress Anjali is wearing in her header at Goldenmeans!

Speaking of one of my favorite bloggers, another of my fave blog ladies, Maria of Infinite Whimsy, will be in town this weekend! Can't wait to navigate the crazy highways and dance club mall with her.

25 comments:

  1. oooooh it's beautiful!!!! so, so beautiful...

    ....and i am GREEEEEN with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful!

    Have fun with Maria! Can't wait for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I'm jealous :) but proud of you for holding out so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how happy I am that you just called Lenox the dance club mall? :)

    Also I'm so glad there's an Alexa bag in Atlanta now! Ooh, it's gorgeous . . . every time I see it I get a little closer to putting it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, you got the Alexa! Fabulous!!! It looks awesome with that Jovovich Hawk "header" dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHHH! you got the Alexa! I'm still searching for the oak leopard in the large size

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally LOVE your bag!! I'm glad you got it. Now i can look at this post and swoooon over it.

    Enter to win a William Riera dress!
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag is beautiful Jinah! I keep telling myself that "one day I will own a Mulberry bag"!

    I remember trying that dress on and it looked horrible on me, but it looks great on you! The one JH piece I bought was the cream colored embroidered/pintucked peasant blouse. Remember that one?

    Have fun with Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosa--What, you silly girl! I'm jealous that you are in a city that stocks things like this.

    Tien--I'm excited! We are going to be like our own paparazzi.

    Rhiannon--I hoped you of all people would get the reference!

    moodboard--From what I've found, I think that's the hardest one to find! Keep reloading the Mulberry site. They will usually put 1 or 2 up for sale each day at random times of some styles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Athena--I was also thinking that "one day" for me would be further off! If you plan for it that day could be sooner than you think. Also, the JH line was so hit or miss with the sizing for me! This was one of the few pieces that didn't look like a potato sack on me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bag is amazing, new, but looks like vintage bag. I love such things.
    mademoisellepaulina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow mam you look hot with that outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bag looks gorgeous. I've been drooling over it in some magazines.

    I love the antiqued gold hardware and how it looks vintage-y. It'll be a great piece you'll own for a while and can go with anything.

    Have a great weekend - wish I could join you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just died. DIED. So beautiful! I'm outright jealous but dang, that bag looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not much of a purse/bag fiend, but you look so, so lovely- the shape/color of the bag, your dress, the sandals- so vintage, so charming. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that bag! I also loved that you paired it with a peasant dress. You look great!
    the renegade bean

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a beautiful bag, and I love that you are rocking those sandals – I'm looking forward to digging mine out of storage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohh love this--the purse is gorgeous, and it goes beautifully with that dress.
    and i am seriously coveting some saltwater sandals too!! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WWANW--I've had my Salt-Water sandals for literally 4 years now and they've held up amazingly. I've worn them trekking outside for 12 hour days, in the ocean, and while backpacking and they still look pretty good! They've raised the price a little since I purchased them back in the day, but I think they're totally a worthwhile purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous bag! I'd decided not to get one anymore (and save money!) and then you had to feature it...so now I'm in love again! It looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ALL--It was 100% worth it. I saved forever for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous bag! I'd decided not to get one anymore (and save money!) and then you had to feature it...so now I'm in love again! It looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just died. DIED. So beautiful! I'm outright jealous but dang, that bag looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your bag is amazing, new, but looks like vintage bag. I love such things.
    mademoisellepaulina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally LOVE your bag!! I'm glad you got it. Now i can look at this post and swoooon over it.

    Enter to win a William Riera dress!
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share