Bonjour it's Jinah!

Sunday, April 18

Sunday Etsy Love 04.18.10

This week's theme: reusable totes and bags.

Earth Day is this upcoming Thursday, and I thought it would be nice to highlight one green habit I've maintained better than others. I have reusable grocery bags galore and use them for everything from pool and beach trips to toting my dry cleaning. I love that many come in very sturdy fabric and nylon options and either pack flat or teeny tiny to fit in small spaces.

My shopaholic packing secret for the past several years was to pack light in the teeniest suitcase I could manage, but bring a flattened Lesportsac for the goodies I would bring home. All of these grocery bag options work in much the same way except in your purse or glove compartment.

Here are my favorites for this week--Many have really adorable prints or unique details that make them worth collecting.


Perfectly sunny totes!

  1. Reusable Tuck and Go Strawberry Grey Tote Bag by MiniMade, $9.75. This is the most adorable tote I've ever seen! At first glance it is an unassuming grey tote, perfect for your library books or impromptu grocery trips. But when you're done, instead of hanging it on a door handle, you can tuck it into itself to make the cutest little strawberry shape!
  2. Dottie Tote by JimmyKdesigns, $30. Kim is going to get tired of me plugging her gorgeous little totes soon. She just added this print to her selection of handmade totes, and I am obsessed! There are upgrades from my old skool Jimmy K tote, including sturdier linings and inner pockets for your gadgets and gizmos. Mine's big enough to take to class and to the gym after. I think it would be a snazzy upgrade to a solid black work tote, too.


 Moar totes this a way.
  1. Larger Market Tote in Canvas with Leather Handles by renneslechateau, $80. One of my main criteria for purchasing a tote is that it must be of a decent and reasonable size for its use. This one more than fulfills my giant bag needs. It is the perfect preppy kick to any outfit and the leather straps add to the durability and sustainability of this piece. This is a sample piece too, so it won't last long at this price!
  2. Reusable Happy Trees Fabric Grocery bag by izznit, $17.75. This print makes me smile! The idea of "happy little trees" always brings me back to my high school art days, and this bag is no exception. It folds out to a really deep size, big enough for two gallons of milk, and folds back into a cute little pouch size.
  3. Crazy for Cats Fabric Grocery Bag by MinnieMae, $16. Now I've talked about my being a bag lady (or have I?), and those of you that have stuck around for the past few months will remember my cat dress project. I insist that any cat lady will get the matching bag as well.
  4. Recycled Cotton Canvas Market Tote with Vintage Vespa image by thecraftpantry, $20. The Craft Pantry stocks these roomy totes with really sharp vibrant images heat transferred-on. I really liked this Vespa bag, but there is one to suit everyone's taste in this Etsy shop! Everything from elephants and bulldogs to fountain pens and vintage camera prints.
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

It's been quiet on my end due to wrapping up things for school for the semester. Between class obligations and the scarily high pollen counts that are typical this time of year, all I want to do is snooze when I'm not working.

I'm going on a mini road trip to Birmingham this week and seeing Phoenix (basically my favorite band for the past 4-5 years) this upcoming weekend, so I will have many adventures to share in due time!

    8 comments:

    1. Oooh, I love that canvas tote!!! I'd use that as my everyday carry-all...

      Enter to win a vintage button-down shirt!
      clothed much, a modest fashion blog

      ReplyDelete
    2. those bags look awesome. go you for being green! you're so lucky you're going to see phoenix. such a cool band.

      unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love these! Have fun on your trip, and good luck with the end of the semester! I am right there with you. :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. That's actually a great tip for packing light that I'm going to keep in mind. Thanks! And that strawberry tote is SO CUTE. I would've never thought that plain gray tote could morph into such an adorable thing! I'm a big fan of reusable grocery bags as well. I also use mine to haul recyclables to my local recycling center!

      ReplyDelete
    5. AmyK--No prob! Haha I end up shopping way more than I expect to on vacation. And ahhh I am dying over the strawberry bag too! So so cute!

      ReplyDelete
    6. these are really really cute! i love the strawberry one for a kitchen.. maybe to hold some recycled plastic bags? have a fun trip!

      ReplyDelete
    7. That strawberry tote is amazing. I love canvas totes, especially for the summer (and to organize my gazillion ongoing knitting projects). In fact, this post is weakening my resolve to run down the street and buy a tote bag I've been trying not to think about because it's tiny and US$45. But it's sooooo cute!
      the renegade bean

      ReplyDelete
    8. I just discovered that my strawberry tote was featured on your blog. Thank you so much for doing that and thanks to all who left such wonderful compliments about it! thsy've been selling well but I still have more... :)

      ReplyDelete

    Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails

    Add This

    Bookmark and Share