Bonjour it's Jinah!

Sunday, February 7

Subway Stairs, Remixed + J. Crew Shopping Halp!



IMG_2317

IMG_2318
Outfit details: Subway Stairs skirt by Floreat (this year's incarnation here)
J. Crew Merino Maya Cardigan (similar color here)
J. Crew Merino Ruffled Cardigan (this year's incarnation here)
Frye Engineer Slouch Boots (similar pair here)

Here are variations on what I wore today. I originally planned to wear the top mustard cardigan, but after seeing the outfit photos, I decided to go change. It was way too matchy-matchy for my taste. Does anyone else not have a full-length mirror and have to do this on occasion? Sometimes my top half and bottom half will clash and I won't realize until it's too far into the day to do anything about it.

It's never severe, but it results in my not seriously considering my shoe choices. Anyways. I love this skirt to pieces and am happy to be able to pull it out when I can. The crinoline underneath gives it its flouncy shape and makes me want to twirl. I tend to avoid wearing it unless I know I will be walking around and not be subjected to long periods of sitting or driving.

It seems I wore a very similar outfit back in the day, which you can see here.

I just noticed that I'm wearing J. Crew cardigans in both of these options. I'm very partial to their knits, but am stumped otherwise on what to buy. I have three gift cards I accumulated from the Crew and don't know what to get! I'm looking for business, class, and part time job appropriate pieces that will be functional with my existing wardrobe. I'm trying to avoid printed or standout pieces that I can't wear a whole lot as well as buying more cardigans as I have those in spades.

What would you get on a spree at J. Crew? I'm totally overwhelmed and am close to resorting to purchasing an array of Jackie cardigans.

4 comments:

  1. I love jcrew's blazers, belts, and occassionally jewelry and camis. I agree the printed items, though some are ridic cute or gorgeous or close to classic-- just can't be worn as much as solids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is divine! You look great in both cardis.

    I always look at JC's jackets, chino shorts and sweaters, though the quality of their sweaters have had mixed reviews. But they make such beautiful pieces.

    Plus I think their tees and tank are lovely, if not a smidge over-priced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit. My J.Crew cart is overflowing with stuff too (14 items right now), here are some of my faves: grand ruffle shell, skinny pyramid studded belt, neapolitan pencil skirt, scalloped zipper cardi (so, so fun!), applique flower art tee, perfect-fit cascade tee, sequined raye tank, the celosia cardi in several colors, etc etc >.< too much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jcrew's blazers, belts, and occassionally jewelry and camis. I agree the printed items, though some are ridic cute or gorgeous or close to classic-- just can't be worn as much as solids.

    ReplyDelete

Bonjour y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Add This

Bookmark and Share